1. Who we are
- A.S.Neill Summerhill CIC is a community interest company (CIC) introduced by the United Kingdom government in 2005 under the Companies (Audit, Investigations and Community Enterprise) Act 2004, designed for social enterprises that want to use their profits and assets for the public good.
- Our website address is: www.asneillsummerhillcic.co.uk.
2. What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you place an order, sign up to our mailing list, respond to a survey, register for an event or when you fill out any form asking for personal information.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
3. Information from google:
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites related to us on the Internet.
4. What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To personalise your experience
5. How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
- Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information
7. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information under our control per the California Online Privacy Protection Act, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Compliance. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website (such as WordPress, Google Services, etc.), conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
9. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
10. UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and GDPR
- Passed on 23 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) is the UK implementation of the EU’s GDPR legislation, codifying its requirements into UK law. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force on 25 May 2018.
- A.S.Neill Summerhill CIC is committed to ensuring the protection of all personal information under our control, and to provide and to protect all such data.
11. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
12. Third Parties
Good to Know
- Good to Know site helps you stay safe and protect your family’s information online. Visit their “Terms and Conditions”
B. When leaving a comment, entering your email address, or creating a social profile:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
16. Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
17. Who we share your data with
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
18. How long we retain your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
19. What rights you have over your data
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
20. Where we send your data
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
21. Your Consent
23. Terms and Conditions
- You agree with our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at the following link:
- “We”, “Us” and “Our” means A.S.Neill Summerhill CIC;
- “You” and “Your” means the user of the Website and/or the donor and/or the purchaser of the Products who is of legal age in the country of use.